Many Campus Applications and Servers Unavailable Over Nevada Day Weekend
Update: Saturday, October 27, 10:30 p.m. - Service restored
All campus applications and servers, including Lotus Notes e-mail, have now been restored to full service after the work performed this weekend.
Your patience has been appreciated as we completed the necessary work on a campus data center.
Please contact the IT Help Desk at 895-0777 if you are still experiencing service issues.
In order to better serve campus through increased capacity, OIT has scheduled work on a campus data center. This work will result in an outage that will affect many campus applications and servers over the Nevada Day weekend.
The applications and servers listed below will be unavailable from:
7 a.m. on Friday, October 26 through 5 p.m. on Sunday, October 28.
E-Mail Service Interrupted:
Please note that Lotus Notes e-mail will be one of the affected applications.
- Mobile device access to Lotus Notes will be down throughout the weekend
- Lotus Notes desktop and web clients will experience intermittent service throughout the weekend
- No e-mail will be lost as messages will be queued for delivery once service returns to normal
Campus Applications and Servers Affected:
- Advantage Data Warehouse
- Atlas Environment
- Faculty Web Server
- Financial Aid
- HR Data Warehouse
- Lotus Notes E-Mail (intermittent service throughout outage)
- Lotus Notes Sametime Messaging
- Lotus Notes Traveler (Mobile e-mail down throughout outage)
- Mailing Lists / Listservs
- Operational Data Store
- Position Control System
- Practice Labs / Landro Environment
- Rebelmail Activation & HelpDesk Toolkit
- Secure File Transfer
- Singularity / Document Management / ImageNow
- Staff NetStorage (NV2)
We appreciate your patience as we perform this needed work. Please contact the IT Help Desk at 895-0777 if you have questions or concerns.