Faculty & Staff File Storage Upgrade Project
In December of 2006 OIT upgraded the storage capacity of the current Novell File System and migrated services onto new hardware. This provided:
- Increased storage capacity for new users and future growth
- Increased reliability
- Faster hardware
- Improved availability for Mac OS X
Data were broken up into 4 larger volumes. The volumes were named Vol5, Vol6, Vol7, and Vol8. The IP addresses and DNS names for the volumes are as follows:
Windows users access their data through login scripts that point the user to the different volumes automatically. The only exception would be local drive mappings that do not use the H:, S: or other drives mapped by Novell.
Macintosh users need to know on what volume their department’s data are located. They can still use short cuts after they connect to the correct volume. The list below shows where data are located.
- Vol5 126.96.36.199 vol5.nv.unlv.edu
- Vol6 188.8.131.52 vol6.nv.unlv.edu
- Vol7 184.108.40.206 vol7.nv.unlv.edu
- Vol8 220.127.116.11 vol8.nv.unlv.edu
For more information on the project please feel free to contact:
craig [dot] soutwick [at] unlv [dot] edu