Note: Print jobs remain "on hold"
for 2 hours and will then be deleted.
The Computer Labs use a pay-for-print system for managing print jobs called RebelPrint. To print in our labs, simply login to our computers using your ACE account, and then print to a printer. After the job has been submitted to the printer, you will need to release and pay for your print as documented below:
To release your print jobs:
Login to rebelprint.unlv.edu with your ACE account
- Find your job in the "jobs pending release" tab and check the pages/cost information for accuracy
Review your account balances
- RebelPrint Balance (OIT's $1 Initial credit and refunds)
- Rebelcash Balance
- Click "print" under the action heading or "cancel" to delete the job
- Charges will first go against your RebelPrint balance, and once that's extinguished, the system will charge Rebelcash
-Once you are finished with your session, click the "Logout" tab.
-All students receive $1 of free printing credit when your account is created (RebelPrint balance). After extinguishing those funds, all charges then go against your Rebelcash account on your UNLV Rebelcard.
-Printing costs are typically $.03 cents per page for B/W and $.40 cents per page for Color. Computer Labs with plotters and large format printers may charge based on size of job.
The computer labs have a service called "Mobile" RebelPrint which allows you to send a document to selected computer lab printers from an Internet connected computer. You can submit Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, XPS, and Adobe PDF files. The steps to use the service are outlined below:
- Login to rebelprint.unlv.edu using your ACE account
- Click "WebPrint" and click "Submit a Job"
- Using the Map, select the lab and printer you would like to submit a document to, or scroll down and select the printer
- Choose the number of copies you would like printed
- Select "upload document" and choose the document you would like to print from your computer, and select "upload and complete"
- We would recommend that you not "release" your job till you're either in the lab, or close to the lab, but at that point you would release your document to be printed as documented above
- You have 24 hours to "release" your job before it is deleted from the que
To Request A Refund
Select the "Recent Print Jobs" tab
- Find the job that you would like a refund for
- Click on "request refund"
- Put an explanation for why you want a refund, and how much of a refund you'd like
- If the refund is because of a printer error (i.e., print jam, low toner) we will typically refund the entire job
- If you're requesting a refund because of your error (i.e, you didn't notice how many pages were printing, accidentally printed, as one-time courtesy we may refund half the cost at our discretion.
- Visit a lab monitor immediately, and they will review your request and grant or deny your request
- Refunds will not be granted to "Mobile" RebelPrint Users if you relesed your job from outside the lab and did not immediately pick it up, or mistakenly printed to the wrong lab
*** Any refunds provided are credited to your RebelPrint account, and can only be used for printing services (i.e., no cash refunds).